Paying for your Whisky
You can choose to pay up front, or if you prefer, you can set up a direct debit to pay over 15 months. Payment up front or receipt of payment of the first INSTALLMENT secures:
Payment up front or receipt of payment of the first instalment secures:
- A cask number and distillation slot, plus space in our cask store where your cask will be stored, and your whisky will mature for the storage period.
- 50 litres of new make spirit from our next available distillation – this will be at 50%
ABV but there may be some variation depending on distillation and conditions in the
- Storage of your whisky, in its cask, under Mercia Drinks Co. bond for 3 years and a day.
- Insurance to the value of the whisky cover your whisky for the period it is in storage with us.
- A bottling slot (To be determined).
- The matured whisky from your 50l cask. If you pay by direct debit, ownership of the whisky transfers to you on completion of the final payment.
Your payment does not include:
- Ownership of the cask itself – this remains property of the distillery
- The costs of bottling and labelling – we will send you a quote, based on market rates, as your 3-year storage comes to an end – or on request if you wish to bottle later. (See our FAQs for more information).
- The costs of an individualised label – we can work with you to customise our stock
label and create something more personal – a great option to add more creativity to
your final whisky.
- Excise duties and VAT – this is payable once the whisky is bottled and before it
leaves our trade facility warehouse.
If you find at the end of the 3-year period that you do not wish to proceed or to pay the bottling costs duty, and VAT, we can buy the whisky back from you. If you wish to take advantage of this option, please let us know and we will make you an offer for the whisky based on sizing and gauging the cask.